Saturday, October 25, 2008

Wow, Is Gas Cheap!?!

I remember back in the mid/late 1990's, I'd be in Europe shocked at how much gas cost. It was about $1/gallon in the US and close to $4/gallon in Europe at the time. We all know the cost of gas has gone the record highs, who would have thought $4 or $4.50 for a gallon of gas in the US. (Europe at the high was over $8/gallon)...

After paying over $4/gallon, gas seems so cheap right now. As low as $2.59/gallon for regular. 2 years ago I would have thought that was pricey, but now it's seems so reasonable. Crazy how my expections have changed now. The impact of the extra $1-1.50/gallon adds up and it struck me recently as I was filling up. I was spending at least $15-20 more per week, but I did cut back in my driving a little bit. Anyways, hopefully the gas prices continue to decline or remain constant and our economy returns to some normal level again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home