Wednesday, August 02, 2006

The Saga of Sickness

Being sick is no fun, especially when the doctors take a while to find out what's wrong (yes, it's good when they finally know)....

So a few weeks ago I was having chest and rib pains and went to urgent care. I had thought it was pleurisy which I've had before and a weird illness. It's viral infection where the pleura (lining of lungs) is inflamed causing chest pains. I had begun getting side effects from the anti-inflammatories, another trip to urgent care for more medicine, then more side effects and a 3rd trip to urgent care on Monday for chest x-rays and an EKG. They now had realized that I don't have pleurisy, but inflammation of the cartilage b/c my ribs, chest and back were hurting. More side effects so yet another pill. From the x-rays they found a fracture on my rib that is causing the problems. A fractured rib is so weird and playing indoor soccer is the only thing I can think of. I've taken a few bad hits the past couple of weeks, so that must be cause...They still think I have inflammation of the cartilage in addition to the rib fracture. I'm taking 14-16 advil a day and starting to feel better, so hopefully another week or two I'll be doing even better.

3 Comments:

At 9:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get better soon Zaar!!

 
At 3:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take Penicillin (sp?). It works great!

 
At 5:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope you feel better quickly!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home