Friday, August 18, 2006


"Vegas Baby, Vegas!"

I think most people know Vegas is one of my favorite vacation spots and no I don't even gamble that much. It is odd to see slot machines at the airport and grocery stores tho. The city was not built on winners and I've contributed to the purchase a few palm trees over the years. I needed a break for a variety of reasons, so I flew out Thursday for a 2-day trip to relax. The mountains around Vegas are very cool, great shopping, entertainment and lots of cool hotels to take a look at. One hotel is bigger and better than the next.

Vegas is truly a "fantasy" land for some people. People living a lifestyle the only do in Vegas. For a while people always said "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." The limos, 4-star hotels/restaurants and all the best clothes/jewerly. No limo for me, I had Dodge Caliber... I was playing blackjack at the tables tonight and had to laugh at several people at my table who thought they were "money" with their 100 dollar bills and fancy clothes and then watched how they played. If you ever play blackjack, you ALWAYS split aces if you get them. The dealer was making fun of this guy who didn't split aces and then busted. Oh and almost always double down on 11...

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM , Blogger Holly o:) said...

Sounds like a true gambler to me! Next time, take me with you! I'd love to catch a show or two!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Holly o:) said...

Hey are you still in Vegas, or is another post coming? :P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home